H & D Automotive Warranty Information
Unless otherwise stated on the Site, all products sold by H&D Automotive are sold under the manufacturer’s warranty and conditions from the date of purchase.
Replacement products or refund will be provided by H&D Automotive where:
a) The product is not fit for its intended purpose; or
b) The product is faulty or not of acceptable quality; or
c) The product does not match the sample or the descriptions provided on our website; or
d) The product was damaged during delivery; and
e) You can provide proof of purchase with a receipt that has been provided by us
Replacement product or refund will only be completed upon receipt and inspection of items that are deemed faulty or incorrectly supplied.
Products must be returned to H&D Automotive within 30 days of being removed from the vehicle. H&D Automotive is under no obligation to accept parts returned under warranty once this period has expired.
For any replacements where the shipping is being covered by H & D Automotive, the original shipping address will be used unless otherwise discussed and agreed to prior.
Exchanges will only be provided on products that are clean, unused and in a saleable condition. This means that the product must be in its original packaging, including manuals and all accessories, and the product(s) is unopened, unused and in its original condition. All electrical components cannot be returned if the packaging seal is broken.
Reconditioned Transmission and Diff Warranty
12 months or 20,000klms –whichever occurs first.
- Reconditioned or rebuilt transmissions/transfer cases or diffs are warranted for a period of 12 months or 20,000klsm whichever occurs first.
- Mining related vehicles, commercial vehicles, or vehicles for hire are not covered by this warranty policy.
- The warranty covers defective workmanship and/or materials, provided that the unit has been correctly installed by a qualified mechanical engineer and used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Authorisation must be obtained from your supplier prior to any work being carried out under warranty. Removal or dismantling of the transmission/diff without authorisation will render the warranty void.
- This warranty does not cover consequential damage, injury to persons, towing, accommodation or loss of income. Warranty does not cover vehicles which have been subjected to misuse, neglect, contamination or incorrect grades of lubricant.
- Warranty does not cover any vehicle modified from factory specifications.
- It is the owner’s responsibility to maintain and service the transmission as per manufacturers requirements.
- Some Transmissions are subject to GEAR BREAKAGE due to original manufacturer design. It is not recommended to use an overdrive gear (e.g. 5th or 6th) whilst towing, carrying a heavy load or driving at low speeds.
- Warranty does NOT cover broken gears in transmissions.
- Some Transmissions are subject to ROLLOVER NOISE (Gear Rattle). This noise emanates from the clutch and is in no way a transmission problem. NO warranty will be given for this symptom.
- Warranty is not transferable upon sale of vehicle or part from the original purchaser.
- This policy takes precedence over any other warranty written, spoken or implied by persons whether employed by us or not.
- This warranty provides for the repair, not replacement of the warranted item.
- All gearbox and diff exchange units must be returned to validate this warranty.
- It is recommended to change the oil 1,500klms after the initial installation, then every 12 months or 20,000klms of normal use.
Reconditioned Engine Warranty
- 12 months unlimited KM’s within that period Australia Wide.
- All other details are as per the warranty card supplied with the engine.
Core Charge Information
All core’s (injectors, pumps, engines & other items charged with a core charge) MUST be returned to HDAUTOMOTIVE within 4 weeks from the date of sale of new units. If not returned in this time frame core deposit will be forfeited to H & D Automotive.
- Must be returned as they were removed from the engine. This means they must be a complete core unit, not pulled apart but completely assembled.
- Injector Pumps
- Must be returned as they were removed from the engine. All wiring & plugs intact and good condition.
- Must be returned in a useable condition. No cracked cylinders. No external damage.
- Not missing any major components (Head, Crank, Sump, etc.).
- Must be the same as the engine supplied to you (i.e. 1KZ for 1KZ, 3L (2.8D) for 3L (2.8D).
- Engines are to be made free of all fluids to the best of your ability.
NPC Performance Clutches
- Subject to the exclusions outlined in this warranty, all products are warranted against faulty material and/or workmanship for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of installation or 20,000 km, whichever occurs first.
- This warranty does not cover any performance clutches.
- This warranty covers faulty material and/or workmanship by NPC but not maltreatment, damage caused by collision or incorrect fitting. For vehicles fitted outside of the original specification (i.e. conversions and high-performance vehicles) the warranty will not apply to the following: shudder, slip, different pedal feel and harsh engagement.
- Warranty claims will be rejected where products are not checked for correct fit and function before installation. No credit will be approved under this warranty for installed, used and incorrectly fitted parts.
- Warranty claims will be rejected where the flywheel is not machined before the new clutch kit is fitted.
- Should a failure occur, products must be returned to H&D Automotive within 30 days of being removed from the vehicle. H&D Automotive is under no obligation to accept parts returned under warranty once this period has expired.
- Any Products deemed by the Purchaser to be faulty must be returned, freight prepaid to the supplier of the Products (H&D Automotive). It is the responsibility of the Purchaser of the Products to return the Products to H&D Automotive
- All goods must be returned to H&D Automotive with full details and reason for the claim, plus proof of purchase.
- No claim/credit will be issued until the goods have been tested and deemed faulty by NPC. No claim or credit will be issued for goods repaired by the Purchaser without return to NPC for inspection.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by NPC, the expense of claiming under this warranty shall be by the Purchaser.
- Any claim for expenses, including labour associated with products returned under warranty must accompany the products being returned and must be substantiated by clear documentation (e.g. workshop invoice) and will be assessed by NPC. In the event a claim for labour is accepted, NPC will apply a rate of $35 per hour excluding GST based on the time deemed reasonable by NPC to remove and replace the clutch.
- NPC’s liability under this warranty shall not extend to any consequential or indirect losses incurred by the Purchaser or its customers.
- The benefits given by this warranty are in addition to the statutory rights and remedies available to the Purchaser under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. Consumers are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. Consumers are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Correct selection of products is the responsibility of the Purchaser.
Please Note: Before fitting, always try the clutch disc on the gearbox spline and check the height of the cover assembly and release bearing.